Now that the season of Hygge is officially upon us, it’s a time to hunker down, get the blankets out and get properly cosy. Now, you may be a crafting extraordinaire or you may be a total novice who’s never got down and dirty with a pot of modge podge before. Either way, there’s much to be said for the therapeutic satisfaction of a simple home craft to brighten up a tired corner.
Maybe you’ve got the kids home for half term and you’re looking for some cheap and easy entertainment, or maybe you just fancy adding a few very low cost autumn spruce-ups to your home. Whatever your reason, here are nine simple autumn craft ideas for the home which cost next to nothing, will be fun to make and – to top it all off – will look rather dashing too.
2. Make a pinecone and ivy garland.
3. Make an autumn leaf mason jar candle holder.
4. Make a lace pumpkin decoration.
5. Create a gold spraypainted pumpkin display.
6. Make a DIY decorative autumn leaf bowl.
7. Decorate pinecones with pom poms for a fun hanging ornament you can use through to Christmas.
8. Make some DIY autumn leaf fairy lights.
9. Turn a plain bottle into a rustic autumnal leaf vase by sticking leaves onto the glass and looping brown string around the lip.
Hopefully these will help to keep the kids entertained over half term. Don’t forget to show us your creations by snapping your images and sharing them on Instagram with the #MyRoost hashtag for a chance to feature on our Instagram feed.
For more ideas, check out our Autumn Pinterest board.